Our vision is for as many Family Mediation services as possible to organise special local events to help raise awareness, which can be promoted locally and then hopefully nationally. We have a range of resources available to help you, including a guide to the daily themes and some of the events, a poster and a logo.
Like last year, we have a mapping service to enable services to pinpoint their location and activities on the national map. Here are just a few ideas for events you could hold during the week:
- Attending local market – hiring a stall
- Contacting local CAB to run an information event / stand
- Local radio interviews
- Send press release to local newspaper and/or radio station
- Create information leaflet detailing family mediation
- Provide free half hour assessment session
- Evening workshops
- Staff library information desk or produce notice boards / banner stands at information points
- Use Twitter to inform local journalists of what will be happening in your area
Why not post your ideas to share with others?
NOTE : The ideas board is not for ‘self-promoting’, rather sharing ideas with the community. As with most online discussion groups, all comments will be moderated / approved before going live.