Our vision is for as many Family Mediation services as possible to spread the word out there that Family Mediation should be a separating couples first choice. To do that we need to be clear about what mediation is. We need to be able to tell them; it’s not fluffy; it’s empowering; it’s a place where they can be heard; they can make the decisions; the decisions they make can be formalised; it can be used after a nasty court process. The list goes on.
To be able to bust the myths and inform them how helpful mediation is we need to attract the publics attention. Lets join together and make this easier for the public to find us and to understand how family mediation is the first choice and that going to court should be the last option.
Here are just a few ideas of what you can do during the family mediation week
- Share any short articles/blogs that you or others have written that fit in with this years theme
- Local radio interviews
- Send a press release to local newspaper and/or radio station
- Like and follow us on facebook and twitter. If you don’t yet use twitter, download our guide here to get you started
- Use the facebook banner below to show your support. Your friends will get to see it and spread the word too
- Print off the posters below and place them around your local area, hospital waiting rooms, GP’s, CAB offices and anywhere else you can think of.
- Contacting local CAB to run an information event / stand
- Provide free half hour assessment session
- Evening workshops
- Staff library information desk or produce notice boards / banner stands at information points
- Contact The Family Mediators Association if you have any blogs that you would like to go onto the main family mediation week website.
Your choice of Posters to use, just click on which one and download:
Why not change your Facebook header to show your support, just click on and download:
Here is a selection of logos you can use for social media or badges:
We have designed a Family mediation week QR code for you to add to any stationary you wish:
We have written a Press release that you can use. You can cut and paste it into your own document. It could be even more effective if you have your own case studies to add and talk about.
You can send it two weeks ahead of the campaign to catch the press attention.